The Maneuver Playtest has been updated based on community feedback.
The following changes have been made:
- Reliable Might is now rolled into maneuvers by default (noted under Critical Attack). Now all weapon-strike maneuvers are active until you hit a target.
- Melee Stances have been adjusted so as not to reward remaining stationary.
- Their passive bonus has been decreased.
- Instead of granting free maneuver abilities, they now give you a bonus to certain maneuvers, if you know them.
- Added Dueling Stance – which is suited for one sword guy.
- Added Weapon Master Stance – which encourages you to switch weapon types during combat.
- Weapon Proficiencies and Backstabs are no longer scaled. We came up with literally dozens of different advancement curves, and I still think that scaled proficiencies are the right way to go — but for now, we are keeping weapon damage close to where it is in 9th edition by keeping prof costs where they are now.
- Stealth Attack and Martial Attack have been added as an intermediary stepping stone to buy on your way to the 75-build proficiency or backstab.
- These cost as much as 3 critical/back attacks (~15 build in-class), and grant +1 vs all opponents for one battle and two free maneuver usages. (these usages must be spent on different maneuvers… if you have 0 or 1 maneuvers, you are not getting all you can out of this skill)
- These, like Critical Attack and Back Attack, can also be sold towards the cost of a Proficiency or Backstab.
- Strong-arm now grants 3 critical attacks per day.